A common question to be asked by every interviewer from every aspirant is “where they see themselves in the next five years”. Though your goal may not be apparent before, ensure to get clarification before you decide to sit for it.
Invest your time wisely
Take time to understand where after getting selected for a particular job where you would like to be in the future after five years. Do not forget to match your goals with it. There are times when your ambitions are higher than what the company has to offer. So be very clear before deciding the company you are planning to stick to in the future!
Pre-prepared for the question “Where do you see yourself in 5 years?”
You are most likely to get the question mentioned above in the interview you plan to sit for! You must be wondering why this common question that candidate is knowledgeable about already! It is done to learn about your clarity regarding the future. Here your explicit knowledge reflects your research and a better understanding of your goal. There are specific reasons why employers want to know your part of the story:
- Whether you will remain loyal to the company for the coming five years as more extended duration arrests the company expenses in the long run.
- If an employer finds himself in a position where he can satisfy the career hunger of the aspirant candidates, then only he will show the audacity to hire him. Otherwise, it will be simply a wastage of resources, time, and money.
It helps the employer to decide whether the aspirant is suitable for the job or not!
What to do as an aspirant?
There are certain things you need to answer before sitting for an interview:
- Be transparent about what you want from your career! Is it the skill you want to achieve or the high paycheque, or the position?
- Whether the job you want to apply for is interrelated to your goal or not!
- The company that you are going to apply for is capable of fulfilling your goal or not!
Preparing for the future is the first thing that one should do in the present competitive world to conquer the end.